Cheryl Cole X Factor USA

Cheryl Cole X Factor USA
Cheryl's X Factor USA debut . As Cheryl Cole steps out to make her debut as a judge on the X Factor USA we look at her and other X Factor stars sporting a new look.

As Cheryl Cole makes her debut as a judge on the American version of X Factor, we look at her, well, change since the first UK series.But Cheryl's not the only star to have totally transformed her music look since the early X Factor days. Although she is almost unrecognisable from the girl who auditioned for Pop Stars: The Rivals in 2002.

Click in the gallery below for more music stars who transformed their image.

Cheryl Cole has made her debut as a judge on the X Factor USA, and she's got a new look for her new role. It's vastly different from when she first joined us on the X Factor UK all of those years ago. Take a look...
Here's Cheryl back in 2008 on the UK X Factor. And before that...

Cheryl Cole - before

Cheryl was stunningly pretty before she found fame but there was still work to do on her image when we first saw her in Popstars. She's not the only star to have totally transformed her image though.

Cher Lloyd - before

Cher Lloyd looked like an average teenager when she first appeared on the X Factor last year and the singer proudly admitted that she based her style on her mentor Cheryl Cole.

Cher Lloyd - after

This first image from her recent Wonderland magazine shoot shows Cher looking like a completely different person. The combination of her elegant outfit, demure makeup and flame-red hair make her look a lot more sophisticated and grown-up than she ever did on the X Factor. Talking about her new hair in the interview with Wonderland magazine, Cher said: "I wanted something that would sort of represent me, that's fiery and outgoing. So I thought a bit of a red would do me good. I want to get my nose pierced too." When asked if she was happy with her life at the moment, the singer replied: "Well, when I was about 15, I begged my mum to pay for a photoshoot. She never had the funding to take me to go and get a portfolio done, so I never got it done. And today I've done a photoshoot, just like that, and I've been asked to do it."

Cher Lloyd - after

We think Cher looks equally as fabulous in this second shot from her Wonderland photo shoot and we love her geek-chic outfit. Cher revealed in her interview with the magazine that she's actually a very sensitive character - she said: "I'm just a normal 17-year-old girl and I do have major feelings. Sometimes things that people say do really affect me, whether it's about the way I look, or the way that I'm acting. It can get me really stressed out. And it's like, give me a little break. A week of somebody being nice to me would be lovely. That's the thing that I want to get across. And it's about my music, and I can't wait for people to hear it."

Nicki Minaj - before and after

The 'before and after'-style cover of V magazine shows the incredible transformation created by photographers Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin.

Jay-Z - before

He's all suits or expensive-but-subtle casual attire these days but not so long ago Jay-Z was rarely seen in anything but the standard rapper's uniform of outsized sportswear and bling jewellery.

Jay-Z - after

These days, Jay-Z looks every inch the multi-millionaire businessman. Or, as he once said himself, "I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man." We like that.

Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Replace this text with your message