Missy Elliott Diagnosed with Graves Disease

Missy Elliott Diagnosed with Graves Disease

Missy Elliott Diagnosed with Graves Disease. Missy Elliott has revealed that she has been diagnosed with Graves Disease.

The 'Get Ur Freak On' singer stated that the symptoms of the condition - which can include shortness of breath, increased sweating and restlessness - came over her suddenly in 2008, according to People.

"I was [driving and] trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping. I couldn't keep the brake down and almost crashed," Elliott said. "I couldn't write because my nervous system was so bad - I couldn't even use a pen."

The 39-year-old went on to reveal that she has been undergoing treatment for the disease, in which an overactive thyroid causes a metabolic imbalance of thyroid hormones in the body.

"I'm 30 pounds lighter because I've been exercising," Elliott said. "My thyroid is functioning, so I haven't had to take medication in about nine months. [But] you live with it for the rest of your life."

The rapper said in October of last year that she is planning a comeback, stating that she is at work on a new LP.

Elliott revealed in August 2010 that she still thinks about Aaliyah "every day", claiming that the late singer is an inspiration to younger artists.

Source: digitalspy
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Replace this text with your message