Jill Scott slims down, shows off

Jill Scott slims down, shows off
Jill Scott slims down, shows off. Singer and actress Jill Scott is experimenting with her sound on her first album in four years, “The Light of the Sun,” and she’s also showing off a new physique.

The singer has dropped more than 50 pounds, and is now smaller than she’s been in 20 years.

The "Golden" songstress tells the June issue of Ebony that she slimmed down with the help of a trainer who knew how to keep workouts playful. (See behind-the-scenes footage of Scott on Ebony.com.)

“Anything that makes me feel like I’m not working out,” the single mom of one says. “We go outside and throw footballs, go for walks.”

Scott adds that she's truly "in a good place."

"I’m past caring about some things that never mattered in the first place and [I'm] in love with my baby boy," she says. "I’m also unafraid. I know how much music has always meant to me, how much it means to us all, and I know there’s someone out there, maybe just one someone, who can feel inspired by being brave.”

Something else that surely inspires others are the copious compliments Scott bestows on those she comes across.

“I just think it’s silly to be stingy with compliments," she tells Ebony. "If you see someone and they strike you as beautiful in any way, why not let them know? I love faces, but I like to take in people in general. I’m a world-class people watcher. I like to watch people’s body movements, their expressions. It says so much about them.”

Source: marquee.blogs
Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Twitter!
Replace this text with your message